Craftsy

ShareThis

Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Pattern: Two Tone Ballet Slippers



Two Tone Ballet Slippers






By
Tampa Bay Crochet


Please do not sell this pattern. 

You may also download this pattern for free through Craftsy by clicking here.

Gently Used Designer Bags, Clothing and Shoes. Up to 80% Off Retail at ShopKarma.com!

Sizes (U.S. shoe size):
Small:  5-6
Medium:  7-8
Large:  9-10
x-large:  11-12

Materials:
Needle (for weaving in loose ends).
Size H crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn.  For this pattern, I used Redheart Super Saver.

Abbreviations:
Ssc:  Same stitch cluster
Tsc:  Two stitch cluster
Sc:  single crochet
Sl st:  slip stitch
St:  stitch  yahoo


center>
Special Stitches:
Same stitch cluster: Yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through first two loops on hook, yarn over and insert hook in same stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through first two loops on hook, yarn over and pull through all three loops on hook.
Two stitch cluster: Yarn over, insert hook in the same stitch as the last stitch made, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through first two stitches on hook, yarn over and insert hook into the next stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and draw through first two loops on hook, yarn over and pull through all three loops.

Craftsy
 
Slipper Pattern:
Row 1:  Ch 4, ssc 7 times in 4th ch from hook (7 stitches)
Row 2:  Ch 3, 2 ssc in each stitch around (14)
Row 3:  Ch 3, 1 ssc in each stitch around (14)
Row 4:  Ch 3, 2 ssc in next st, 1 ssc in next 3 st, repeat 2 more times, 2 ssc in next st, 1 ssc in next  st. Join with a sl st to top of ch 3 (18)
Row 5:  Ch 3, tsc in each st around (18)
Row 6:  Ch 3, tsc in each st around. (18)
If switching colors, tie off yarn and sl st with new color to join.
Row 7:  Ch 3, tsc in each st around (18)
Row 8:  Repeat row 7
Row 9:  Ch 3 turn, tsc in next 13 sts.
Row 10:  Ch 3 turn, tsc in next 13 sts,
Row 11:  Repeat row 10 until your slipper reaches your desired length.  Check the length of the slipper by folding it in half lengthwise.  Next, measure from the tip of the toe to your last completed row.  



 Here are the desired completed lengths for each size:

For size small:  the slipper should now be around 8”
For size medium:  the slipper should be around 8.75”
For size large:  the slipper should be around 9.25”
For size x-large:  the slipper should be around 9.75”


Last Row:  Ch 1, hdc in next 3 sts, hdc2tog 4 times, hdc in last 3 sts.  Tie off leaving a 12 inch tail.  
To close the heel of the slipper:
Turn slipper inside out.  Fold the slipper in half lengthwise.  Using a needle and the 12” tail, sew the two sides of the heel of the slipper together. 
Finishing:
Turn slipper right side out.  Sl st with main yarn toward the heel of the slipper.  Ch1, sc evenly around the opening of the slipper.  Slip st to ch 1 to join.
Tie off yarn and weave in all loose ends.
You can decorate the slippers with flowers, buttons or appliqu├ęs.

23 comments:

  1. Ooo and I immediately have added your grab button on my blog page..:))
    All best wishes...:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thank you for sharing, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEGAN-
    what size hook did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the beginning: why do you ch 3? It just gives me a weird loop thing, I'm guessing that maybe I'm not understanding rights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing this is worked in rounds and I should be joining with a sl st at the end of every row?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same experience as the two above, I'm also guessing a SL needs to be added after every round..?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Megan:

    Thank you for that beautiful free pattern. I would also like to have the pattern for the scarf you're wearing on your profile pic.

    My best regards,

    Jojos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, SO happy to find this pattern for free! I've been looking for so long. They're so adorable!! I also just taught myself to crochet and can't wait to try these out when I get a little better :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these slippers. I added a slip stitch at the end of each row. Since i have very wide feet i changed the stitch count from 18 to 28 by repeating row two once. And for the opening I worked 22 tsc, leaving 6 open. I have a total of 18 rows, they came out beautifully and i even added a half double edging around the top. Thanks for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this pattern--I have size 13WW feet and this is the first crochet slipper pattern I have ever found that even comes close!! It's been 30 years since I've crocheted, but I have lots of experience working with larger hooks and will try an I-hook and work my way up until I find the right size. Again, my toes thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoe cake tutorial describing how to create a shoe structure out of gum paste and modeling chocolate. The concept of making a cake with shoe shape is different . Thanks for the idea .

    Thanks
    Barker Marine

    Men Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im having trouble understanding exactly how to do the tsc and ssc. I've never heard of these before and the written words are confusing to me. Do you have pictures or a video that explains it in a different way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://youtu.be/UkTzcXfXktA

      I always go to youtube for videos! Hope that helped.

      Delete
  14. I also am having problems. Im a beginner but I do not understand the ch3. I have loop holes in my shoe and do not see any in the pics above. Am I supposed to slip stitch after each round? Please help, this is my first project and would like to actually finish these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm having the same issue with the ch 3. I have big holes on the bottom... Gonna take it apart & try again...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please help me as I want to give these as a Christmas gift! What am I doing wrong? I made one slipper and all of the "chain rows" (those which connect to the next row) ended up on the top of the slipper. Looks like a scar! I don't see that on your slippers and assume it should be on the bottom anyway. If I can get that figured out, I can still get these done by Christmas. Thank youin advance for your help.
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is KT again. I finally was able to solve my problem as listed above.

    For those who do not like the gap that ch3 leaves, there is an alternative. I never use the ch3 any more, but I did use it as directed in this pattern when I made the first slipper because I wanted to follow it exactly, since it was new to me. However, when I started the slipper over from scratch to start over, I did not use the ch3 as directed. I used this alternative method which makes it look just like a dc stitch....and no gaps. Check it out here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LxYpo-tyi8.

    For my Christmas gift, I am making the slippers in Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry Red and a sc border around the opening in white. I'm excited and really appreciate the fact that you generously share your patterns. You are awesome!
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow KT!!! What a great tip! I checked out the link you gave on YouTube and it's so simple! Could have used this one years ago and saved myself from pulling out so many stitches! Your little tip is an absolute God Send!!!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for that wonderful pattern, Megan! It's so easy and very fast! I really love it! If it's okay with you, I'd like to link this pattern from my blog in Germany!
    You know what's funny? I'm coming to Tampa in march to visit my cousin!! I'm so looking forward to it!
    Best regards
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I forgot my blog adress - just in case you want to take a look. As I said, I haven't linked it yet because I wanted to wait until you say it's okay!
      http://gardenofourmindseye.blogspot.de/

      Delete
  20. these are adorable. I think I will make them soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...