Thursday, March 29, 2012

My New Crochet Bible






Leisure Arts


I just picked up the book, Encyclopedia of Crochet, by Donna Kooler and I am very pleased with my purchase.  When I first began learning to crochet, I purchased a few books to try to learn the basics.  I ended up frustrated with the diagrams and explanations that these guides contained.

I ended up learning to crochet via online written and video tutorials, advice from friends and family, and instructions I found on the web.  This method worked for me but I sincerely wish I had found this book while I was learning the basics.

The Encyclopedia of Crochet contains a historical background on crochet, instructions for many different stitches, information about diagrams, common abbreviations, yarn, hooks and much more. I especially love the fact that it gives instructions for both right and left handed crocheters, which I have found is often overlooked.

This book is not only appropriate for beginners but could also prove beneficial to those experienced in crochet who would like to learn a new stitch or technique.

I think this book is definitely worth a look.

It can be found here:  Leisure Arts "Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet" Book

I also recommend checking Amazon or your local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...