Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Update: Shuttle Tatting Craftsy Course

Update:  Shuttle Tatting Craftsy Course


Online Shuttle Tatting Class


              Over the weekend I was able to start the shuttle tatting course I purchased through Craftsy.  This is the first Craftsy course I have taken so I didn't really know what to expect.  After purchasing the course, I went to the online "homeroom" and downloaded the course materials list and patterns.

I ran to a couple of stores over the weekend to get the materials I needed for the course.  I bought a few different colors of crochet thread at Walmart.  They had a bunch of crochet thread on clearance so I was able to get them for $1.99 a piece!  I found this two pack of tatting shuttles at Jo-Anns for $5.99.  You can probably find them cheaper online but I bought them because I wanted to start the course right away.


The introduction to the course gave a little history of shuttle tatting and explained exactly what shuttle tatting is.  The instructor also had several projects laid out on the table as examples of what you can make with shuttle tatting.


The first actual lesson began by showing how to thread, wind, and hold the shuttle.  After that, the instructor showed how to complete a double stitch.  I had to rewind and watch this portion of the lesson a few times before I got the hang of it.  The way you hold and move the shuttle is different from crochet hook. After a few tries, I had the double stitch down pat! .  You are able to ask a question during the lesson by typing it into a box and submitting. Also, on the right hand side of the screen you can see all of the questions that are currently being asked by your classmates. I am really excited to watch the next few episodes and begin working on the patterns that were provided with the class.  I will continue to update you on my progress. 

 

Online Shuttle Tatting Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...